A weekend in Edinburgh.


Yet again, I have spent another weekend out of Leeds. Our entire group ventured up north to the chilly town of Edinburgh for a few days to celebrate one of the girls 19th birthday. Now I have never been to Scotland before, but I had heard so many glorious things about Edinburgh. So when the trip was initially suggested, I was very keen to join. Even though we had a few BIG nights, we all managed to pop a smile on the next morning (accompanied by some trusty sunglasses) and explore this beautiful town.

Day 1 - It was a slow morning, but our group managed to hustle together for a walk (or more of a stumble for some) to Edinburgh Castle. Virtually everyone I had spoken to, both local and tourist said that this was a must see, and I can see why. The walk up to the castle is through immaculately green gardens, filled with statues and history. However, the castle itself was phenomenal. The architecture was beautiful, and the view down to Edinburgh below was incredible.

Day 2 - As you may have guessed, no one was too shabby the following morning either. However, the sunglasses were brought out once again, and today we were climbing Arthur's Seat. Again this was another highly spoken about activity, so we decided to tackle the mountain. Even though I thought I was having a heart attack when climbing up, due to my extremely unfit state, my goodness it worth it. The view at the top, overlooking Edinburgh, was so picturesque. It would be such a lovely place to escape the busyness of town life.


The group managing a smile after a big night out
Pre Arthur's Seat hike

Looking down at Edinburgh below

Victory photo after hiking up what felt like Everest...hungover and sleep deprived

No comments:

Post a Comment