The final preparations.

It's now getting to the pointy end of the countdown, only three sleeps to go. All of my paperwork is (finally) in place, I have had my last shift at work, and I am beginning to say my final goodbyes to family and friends. It doesn't feel real, that in a few days time I will be packing up my life in Brisbane and moving across to the other side of the globe...alone! All that is left to do now is pack. Something that I have been dreading and putting off for a long time. I think the main reason for this is because once I have packed, that means that this is all real and about to happen.

I swear that the process of University exchange just seems like one endless folder of paperwork. However, after checking numerous times with both Universities, they ensure me that everything is in place and I am right to go. Honestly my greatest fear is rocking up to Leeds and them having no record of my, it's like an awful reoccurring nightmare!

Another thing I need to update you on is my accommodation. I have been accepted to stay on campus at the University of Leeds in Devonshire Hall, which sounds so British it almost hurts. One of the main reasons for me choosing this residence is the beautiful old building in which the students accommodation is.


Seriously though, it's like the buildings are straight out of an old English film. But don't worry, I didn't just judge this book by it's beautiful, antique looking cover. Devonshire offers a catered service for students, and has all the facilities that I need, including a very fancy looking gym.

Just writing this post is making so excited to leave. Even though it is going to be a ginormous adjustment, it's one that I think I have been ready and waiting for a while now. I'm 19 years old. If I can't pack up my life and study on the other side of the world for five months, when can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment